Kitten Mittens Project

Kitten Mittens Project

Sunday, February 13, 2011

A good summer sunday

Today was a pretty damn good day. Nate, Michael, Antione and I went up the coast for Matt Schimke's birthday. We played paintball and, although it's pricey, it was awesome. Everyone after over an hour of game play were covered in some pretty good bruises.

That afternoon Nate, Michael and I decided we felt like a boulder and swim so we made our way to Cedar Creek. I got on a V11 Simon Moses put up a while ago which I had tried twice before. Its a 3 move problem and every move is really hard. It starts with a tense bump to a bad crimp, then a really hard move up to a bad sloppey pinch then a desperate through to a good dish on the lip. It's really fun!!! I was able to do it after about 10min today. About an hours worth of work in total to do it. It was my 2nd V11. It feels as hard as Gone for Borneo, a V11 I put up in Toohey Forest so I'm happy about that.

Simon and Rob established many of the problems at Cedar Creek but didn't give most a name. I think this is one of the unnamed.

Here are a few picks of me on it taken by Michael. There's a video to come soon.

I'm really psyched to get to Rocklands in July this year so I'll be doing a lot more bouldering!!

No comments:

Post a Comment