Kitten Mittens Project

Kitten Mittens Project

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Early morning Toohey session

Yesterday Michael and I went to Toohey Forest for an early session before the heat of the day kicked in. We headed round to Butter me up, V8 which is Michael project. It's a problem on crimps on a slight overhang. I'd not been on it before and was stoked to flash it. Michael had a few goes but couldn't finish. Then we went back to the Fatman boulder. This boulder has a few problems that all revolve around the main line, Fatman Traverse, V10. This problem starts with a really hard undercling start in the roof then a lunge for the lip. I'd never been close to ever gettin my ass off the ground on this move. But got on it and everything just felt good. I did Unleash the Dancer Within, V7, on about my 3rd go. Then did Fatman Traverse about 5 min later. Pretty happy with doing this all before 8:00am on a Tuesday morning.

Here's a vid Michael knocked up of Unleash the Dancer and Fatman


Tom O'Halloran ~ Toohey Forest from Michael Garrahy on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment